At Open Door Family Services we realize that each family is unique and special. There is no "one size fits all" and each family for an adoptive child can take many forms. As a public charity we consider it our mission and purpose to consider all families as being potentially the right match for a child regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Our Adoption Services
Singles and couples are urgently needed for our domestic direct placement adoption family pool!
If you are considering adoption and are unsure about your options, please contact us for a free orientation. We are available to discuss the adoption process and how you can get started today. Our staff have over 20 years of experience working with adoptive families, children, and birth parents and are ready to put that experience to work for you today!
Our agency prices reflect our commitment to providing the adoption opportunity to all families, regardless of financial status and there is absolutely no cost to you to begin the process. In fact we charge no fees until your study is complete and ready for you to begin the adoption journey!
Licensed by the state of Michigan as a child placing agency, this not for profit corporation offers the following adoption related services:
• Hosting events which educate prospective parents about fostering and adoption
• Evaluating prospective parents for fostering and adoption
• Pregnancy counseling
• Placing children in approved homes
• Providing post-placement supervision until finalization of process
• Completion of legal documents associated with the adoption for the Circuit Court-Family Division
• Post-finalization services provided for children and their families.